What can you do with an empty Pringles container? Make amazing recycled kaleidoscopes!
- cleaned, empty Pringles cans with clear lids
- multicolored Sharpies
- various decorative papers, sequins, etc. to decorate outside
- mirror board (I found some sold in 8×10″ sheets from Sax Arts and Crafts) cut into 2 1/4″ strips
- Decorate clear lid with colorful designs using permanent markers.
- Wrap and cover outside of Pringles can with paper and decorations (we added some holographic elements and plastic jewels).
- Punch hole in the bottom (I held the can while students used a hammer and screwdriver to punch a hole in the bottom).
- Tape 3 mirror board strips together to form a triangular prism to slide inside.
- Look through the hole while turning the lid and holding towards a light to see some dazzling designs!